"May the light of Christ, rising in glory, Dispel the darkness of our hearts and minds."
From the earliest of times we have used symbols,signs and artwork to express our thoughts and emotions. In the church especially, we have usedt hese mediums to help spread the Word and give glory to God.
Divine Light Paschal Candles give glory to Godas they enhance your sanctuary, prompting aricher prayer experience through the beautiful symbolism of their full-color designs.
Each tall white paschal candle, representing Christ's steadfast presence in our midst, is lit each Sunday throughout the Easter season beginning on Easter Sunday, and often until Ascension Day. We also light this special candle for baptisms and at funeral services.The presence of the paschal candle reminds us that in birth or in death, there is brilliance in a life with Christ.
- The central cross on all our Divine Light designs identifies it as the Christ candle,and its flame burns despite the death Christ endured.
- The Greek letters Alpha and Omega, signify that the Word of God is present from creation until the end of time.
- We include the current year to signify that God is present among those gathered here and now around the candle.
- Each Divine Light Paschal Candle is handcrafted with full-color applique andpainted raised wax applied by skilled Will & Baumer® artisans.
- The candle core is 51% beeswax, blended inour facility and combined with a lead-free cotton fiber wick to ensure a long lasting,smoke-free burn.
For 159 years, Will & Baumer® has handcrafted paschal candles using popular symbols to givemeaning to the important spiritual moments ofour lives. Each and every Will & Baumer® candle is made with reverence that gives glory to our Lord in your Sanctuary.